Ref # : 0446
For Sale € 365,000
This very special villa with a private pool is appointed to a high level of specifications. It accommodates up to 6 persons and enjoys a privileged position in the outskirt of Orgiva at the heart of The Alpujarras. This is an unspoilt Andalusian area offering a lot of possibilities of exploration and activities. It is 45 minutes from Granada and its prestigious Alhambra and 30minutes from the Mediterranean beaches to the South. The property is easily accessible and very close to the village commodities. It is also at the proximity of the best hotel and restaurant in town.
The main characteristics of this property are a combination of the refined Moorish style imprinted to the villa and its garden allied to a most sophisticated modern comfort that allows the enjoyment of a real home in every season. The general feeling is of harmony and peace given by this décor surrounded by fantastic 360-degree panorama of the Sierra Nevada and the Sierra de Lujar visible from the garden as well as from each room of the house. You can imagine yourself enjoying a dinner lasting late in the Spanish night under the floodlit palm tree as well as a cosy evening near the fireplace with outside the moon shining on the snow-capped Sierra Nevada! The villa has double glazing, under floor heating, air conditioning and mosquitos’ nets in all windows. The floors are in waxed handmade terracotta.
Entrance hall leading to a living room with leather furniture around a panoramic fireplace insert. It has also dining furniture, satellite television, a dvd player. French windows lead to the Moorish style patio, terraces and swimming pool. Opening onto this living room are:]
- 1 st twin bedroom facing East and North with a view of the Sierra Nevada. It has French windows leading to the terrace and the garden. It is fully equipped with ergonomic mattresses and it has an ensuite bathroom with a shower, and a washbasin cabinet and toilets. This bathroom leads to a small utility room for storage and for a hoover, an ironing board, etc…
- A second twin bedroom facing South with a view of the Sierra Lujar. It is fully equipped again with ergonomic mattresses.
- A third single or twin bedroom or office space depending on specific needs.
- A family bathroom with hydromassage bathtub, a washbasin cabinet, and toilets.
- A Bosch equipped kitchen (fridge-freezer, dishwasher, stainless steel drawer oven and microwave) it has also a dark green marble worktop with a vitro ceramic gas cooker and all the normal equipment.
On the outside adjoining the East wall of the house there are 3 small utility rooms:
- One with a washing machine.
- The second is the store for 6 gas propane bottles.
- And the last one houses the gas boiler and the underfloor heating system.
Access to the enclosed property is through a wide automatic gate. There is a parking space after this gate and one or two close to the house. The first part of the garden is a mature Mediterranean grove with mainly orange, clementine, lemon and olives trees. The path leads then to a very different landscaped garden space surrounding the house. Terracotta terraces with a large space for al fresco dining. Between the house and the large swimming pool (10 x 4.5 meters), there is a Moorish style garden with flowers and low-level trees around two Moroccan fountains. The overall feeling is one of beauty and harmony in the details as well as the grandiose 360 degrees mountain scenery. The whole space is designed to be a comfortable and relaxing space at any time of the day or for the late summer evenings.
Mains water, electricity are connected. Internet is available from local suppliers.
Granada is a 50 minute drive away. Another 30 minutes take you to the ski resort of Sierra Nevada. Skiing is possible between December and May. The highest lifts take you up to 3.400 metres and from there one enjoys unforgettable views of Granada and right across the Med to Africa.
The Moors lived until the end of the 16th century in the Alpujarras. We not only still use their water channels and water deposits, but their original arabic names too. A proposal has recently been submitted to declare the Alpujarras a UNESCO world heritage site.
Hiking is pure pleasure here. It takes a 20 minute car drive to reach the borders of the National Park of Sierra Nevada. You can watch eagles circle in the blue skies, see ibexes fearlessly cross the cliffs above you and feel part of the magnificence of untouched nature all around.